Rice Krispies contacted me and asked if F&B and I would like to try out the recipe and the kids were thrilled. Not only are they adorable pumpkins, they have a surprise inside (mini Milky Way bars)! Better still, they are easy to make and look amazing. Ben has already requested that this is what he wants to bring for his class Halloween party (yes, we can bring homemade food, yay!) and Faith now wants to do the same.
Want to make a batch for yourself? Check out the recipe below, then enter to win a prize pack from Rice Krispies with everything you need!
Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows - OR - 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- Orange food coloring (or red and yellow)
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 MILKY WAY® Brand Minis or 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand Minis (the little square ones)
- Canned frosting (green)
- 12 small green gum drops (I used Tootsie Rolls for a color change)
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape around one candy piece.
4. Pipe frosting onto each for vines and attach gumdrop for stem. For the Tootsie Rolls instead, cut each one in half and make an indentation for the stem with the tip of your finger, press into place.
Would you like to win a prize pack to make your own? Just leave me a comment telling me your favorite part of Halloween!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check out the official rules here.