It's time for #UBP13! For those playing along at home, that would be Ultimate Blog Party 2013.
While I've played along several times, it has almost always been with my personal blog, but since there is a category for specialty blogs (like food, beauty, decor), I really wanted to include this one too. However, my brilliant "I should make a themed lunch for this" plan failed when I decided to go skiing this weekend instead.
But, here's a little bit about me and this blog, I can't wait to meet some new people:
- I'm 36, mom to my two amazing kids (Faith is 10, Ben is 7) and wife to my very awesome husband.
- We're from Texas, but stationed at Fort Carson Colorado right now.
- I'm a former teacher, but not thinking about going back to the classroom.
- I started this blog almost 6 years ago, right before Faith started kindergarten. It was mostly pictures of her lunches for a friend of mine. I never thought it would turn into anything big.
- Since then, I've written articles for Disney and VeggieTales, worked with Hormel, Pillsbury, Nature's Own, McDonald's and more. I *love* what I do.
- My current project, besides this blog, is a series of blog entries over at Van's Natural Foods, which has been fun and a great way to think outside the box for lunch ideas!
- While I love tons of things I created, if I had to recommend two posts for you to look at, it would be my year end round ups--Top 10 2011 posts and Top 10 2012 posts.
Want to know something else? Just ask in the comments!