As I alluded to on Facebook yesterday, we are at Disney this week!
We took advantage of the husband's post deployment leave and headed off to California for a few days to visit the Happiest Place on Earth. (For the record, we also went bento shopping which could also be described as the Happiest Place on Earth.)
In honor of that, the kids and I picked a few of our favorite Disney lunches over the years to share with our readers! We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Mickey Mouse Snack Box - The Mickey sandwiches are made with a simple cookie cutter and press, then Mickey food picks accent the rest of the food.
- Toy Story Aliens - I designed this for Disney and it's still one of my favorite creations! The aliens are crafted from cucumber and a lot easier than they look!
- Phineas & Ferb Sandwiches - This was a different take on Phineas & Ferb, cutting them from bread to make sandwiches. If you think about it, Phineas is basically a triangle and Ferb is a rectangle. (I'm also a huge Perry fan but, for some reason, I've never made him into a lunch.)
- Snow White - Cheat lunch with Williams Sonoma cookie press cutters and assorted apple themed extras. It's really cute and the cookie cutters make it a snap to create.
- Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack Skellington and his dog were created for Disney too. His facial features all had to be cut with (sterilized) scrapbooking scissors to make the tiny details.