Besides noshing on a yummy bag of potato chips, did you realize you can cook with them?
I've crumbled them to use as breadcrumbs before, but that's about it. I am loving these ideas from Top Chef Contestant Dakota Weiss and Popchips! With summer in full gear, the two teamed up to create some unique summer kickoff dishes, perfect for your BBQ or anytime. I especially love the deviled egg idea!
Each recipe features a great use of PopChips. Check out the following on the Popchips blog:
- Grilled corn on the cob with avocado and bbq Popchips
- Crackling cole slaw with bbq Popchips
- Butter lettuce “wedge” with sea salt and vinegar Popchips vinaigrette
- Deviled egg with sea salt Popchips
- PB&J with banana and sea salt Popchips
- Red, white and purple potato salad with sea salt and vinegar Popchips
- Grilled shrimp salad with sea salt Popchips
- Grilled Kobe dog with bbq Popchips, pickled cabbage and tomato salad
- White cheddar mac and cheese with a sea salt and vinegar Popchips crust
- Salted caramel and bacon popsicle with sweet potato Popchips
- Maple–bourbon ice cream crusted with sweet potato Popchips
Really, do these not sound awesome? I need to try several of them, especially the eggs, the mac & cheese and the popsicle!
New this summer, Popchips is introducing 15% more to love bags, with more great flavor, more chips to share, and still only half the fat of regular fried chips, all for the same price. Available in flavors, such as sea salt and barbeque potato, and nacho cheese tortilla, Popchips are the perfect snack for a picnic in the park, heading out on a summer vacation, or relaxing by the pool. We're packing ours up for our road trip later this month!
Disclosure: I received information and product from Popchips for the purpose of this post. All opinions are my own.