The World of Eric Carle contacted us and asked if we might be interested in creating a snack based on The Very Hungry Caterpillar, in conjunction with an anniversary snack contest. How could I resist?
- First, peel your kiwi and slice it into rounds.
- Slice a nice flat piece of honeydew, remove the peel and use a cooking cutter or jar lid to cut circles.
- Cut a strawberry in half, and round the pointy end, just a little bit.
- Build your caterpillar on a plate, alternating slices of honeydew & kiwi to form an "S".
- After the last piece of green fruit, add your strawberry.
- Break a pretzel stick or veggie straw in half for the antenna.
- For eyes, cut tiny tear drop shapes from a piece of cheddar cheese with a sharp knife.
- Add the eyes to the strawberry and add small circles of green apple peel to make the pupils if desired.
Have you made your own cute Eric Carle snacks? Right now, the World of Eric Carle is kicking off a snack contest on all of their social media channels, with an amazing prize of a Very Hungry Caterpillar dinner set, sippy cup, book and plush caterpillar. I really really love the plush caterpillar!
To enter, create a snack inspired by an Eric Carle book and tag it with #VHC45. Post it on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram between July 13 and July 31, 2014 (make sure it's a public picture so it's visible to others).
Need inspiration? Check out The World of Eric Carle on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for free downloadable activities, family-friendly creative projects, inspiring ideas, as well as the latest brand and consumer product news.
If you decide to enter, leave me a link in the comments, I'd love to see other creations!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by The World of Eric Carle for the 45th anniversary of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. All opinions are my own.