This year, the Retro Monsters Cereals are back! This special retro packaging (which looks so familiar to those of us who grew up in the 80s) is available exclusively at Target and even features monster masks on the back! This year also features Monsters snack items for you to enjoy as well--Count Chocula Treats, Boo Berry Fruit Roll-Ups and Franken Berry Fruit Roll-Ups.
F&B and I decided we needed to make our own Retro Monster Cereal Treats, so we opted for two choices--Monster Cereal Pops and Monster Cereal Squares. The actual recipe is the same, I just pressed one set into a pan and rolled the other set into balls by hand.
How to Make Monster Cereal Treats:
3 cups Monster Cereal (1 flavor)
2 cups mini marshmallows
1.5 tsp butter or margarine
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave until the marshmallows are soft enough to stir. Start with 30-45 seconds and add on from there, this does depend on your microwave.
- Mix the marshmallows and butter together until it is blended.
- Put three cups of cereal in a larger bowl and pour the marshmallow mix over top.
- Blend the marshmallows and the cereal together until the cereal is well coated.
- Spread the cereal mixture into a greased 8x8 pan, using a damp spatula to firmly press the mixture into place.
- Let cool and set before slicing.
- Wet your hands and shake off the extra water, then using a scoop of the cereal mixture, roll it into balls, pressing into place with your hands.
- Set each ball into a silicone baking cup and push a lollipop stick into the center.
- Let cool and set, then serve.
Disclosure:The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.