Our dragon sandwich only requires one special tool that I lucked out and found at our local dollar store, a DinoBytes cutter. It's only $1 and does an awesome job trimming off just the crusts (which Dante dog hangs out in the kitchen and waits for anyhow). Besides your dragon sandwich, there are lots of points in life where a dinosaur sandwich can make you happy, so you need one in your collection!
How to Make a Dragon Sandwich:
- Cut the bread and meat using your dinosaur cutter. Make your basic dino sandwich (no cheese) but leave off the top bread. Cut a piece of cheese into rectangular strips. They don't have to be perfect, just square-ish so they can be the dragon spikes! Overlap the cheese down the dino's back so that triangles will stick out when you put the next piece of bread on top.
- Top with the second piece of bread.
- Using some of the extra meat or cheese, cut a swoopy wing to stick on top. (I used some of the leftover meat that was mostly shaped from the cutter.)
- Add a sugar eye to your dragon's face.
- Cut a carrot into thin strips to make fire from your dragon's mouth and serve!
Want to win a copy of How to Train Your Dragon 2? Hop over to my personal blog for a DVD giveaway!Disclosure: I was given the opportunity to receive an advance copy of How to Train Your Dragon 2 for myself and a copy to giveaway as part of my relationship with Fox Home Entertainment Insiders. All opinions expressed are my own. This tutorial was designed in conjunction with the DragonsMovieNight promotion!