This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #PlanesToTheRescue #CollectiveBias
We love our Disney movies around here! Even with F&B getting older, we still have to check out every new Disney movie that comes out and it was no surprise that we loved the new Disney Planes Fire & Rescue movie! What's not to love? All our favorite Planes characters are back, including Dusty who has taken on a new role as a firefighter after he is no longer able to race.
- Wafer style cookies (we bought chocolate and vanilla)
- Rolo candies
- Dots or other gumdrops
- Candy eyes
- White icing, leftover gingerbread icing works best!
- Using icing to "glue" them, push two Rolos together at the narrow ends to make a wheel base.
- Add a large dollop of icing-glue on the center of the wheel base and set the plane's body on top. The wheels should be about 1/3 down the body wafer. Add more icing to seal if needed!
- Spread some icing in the center of a second wafer and place onto the body wafer above the wheel area. The ideal shape is similar to a lowercase "t", not quite a perfect "x" cross. Press gently to make them stick.
- With more icing, glue candy two eyes on the front of the wings above the nose of the plane.
- Finally, add a gumdrop to the top with a bit more icing.
- Eat immediately or let the icing set to keep the shape better!
For the brown bi-plane, I just layered a second set of wings under the body piece and icing-glued those to the wheels. Wouldn't these be adorable on top a birthday cake? Completely edible decorations!
While at Walmart picking up the supplies for our project, we discovered that many of the Disney Planes Fire & Rescue products are on rollback, just in time for Christmas!
We decided we needed the Disney Planes Fire & Rescue Die-Cast Vehicles, which you see in all the pictures. They're the perfect size to complement some of Ben's other favorite vehicles and we definitely were lacking planes. Also on Rollback are the Disney Planes Flight to the Finish Speedway, the Deluxe Talking Vehicle Assortment , and the Planes Character Assortment die-cast set and the Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue Character Assortment die-cast set (to $4.97).
If you're still shopping for a little Planes Fire & Rescue aficionado, they'd be perfect Christmas gifts! Ben's eyeballing the Flight to the Finish Speedway, maybe Santa will come through.
What gifts are you most excited about this Christmas? We have some great surprises for both kids that they are not even expecting!