What you need:
- Prepared cupcakes, any flavor
- Chocolate icing, we like Betty Crocker's Whipped Milk Chocolate because it's lighter colored!
- Blue M&Ms (or green or dark brown), for eyes
- Red M&Ms, for noses
- Mini pretzel twists
How to make:
- Bake your cupcakes and let them cool, preferably for several hours
- Add a thin layer of chocolate icing to the top, smoothing it out as best you can with a knife
- Press two pretzel twists into the icing for antlers
- Add two M&M eyes and an M&M nose
- Repeat until the cupcakes are finished!
You really can't get much easier than this, and the cupcakes are adorable for Christmas parties, classroom parties, Scouts, etc.
My cupcake tip? I store mine in a cupcake container without frosting, until we need them. The kids ice them as they eat them, which I think keeps them much fresher tasting.