When it's time for football, what are your favorite snacks? Chocolate? Nuts? Something fruit-flavored? We all have our own favorites, so we had to stock up for the big game next weekend! We usually keep it simple with just pizza or sandwiches, but I wanted at least a few fun snacks this year. And what says football better than a football shaped snack with SNICKERS® in it?
With a bit of help from Faith, we came up with the cutest SNICKERS® Football Surprise Treats as a test run for game time. And, since my daughter prefers the fruit flavors, I also picked up some Skittles® and Starburst® since those are her two favorites. You have to reward your sous-chef after all and Walmart had a great selection of all of these candies.
SNICKERS® Football Surprise Treats:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package mini-marshmallows (10 ounce bag)
- 6 cups chocolate/cocoa crispy rice cereal
- 12 SNICKERS® Bites
- White decorator icing
- Melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add to chocolate crispy rice cereal, mix together until cereal is coated.
- Mold 1/2 cup of cereal mixture into a ball, then press thumb down to create a depression.
- Push SNICKERS bite into the hole, then remold cereal ball around it, hiding it in the center.
- Press ends of the cereal ball into points to make a football shape.
- Pipe one long line of white icing lengthwise, then criss-cross with 3-4 shorter lines of icing to make the seams of the football.
- Let cool, set, and enjoy during the big game!
I'd love to hear what you plan on making for the Big Game! We are always looking for more awesome ideas to try, leave me a comment letting me know your plans too.