This salsa chicken is perfect after a long day and is great just wrapped up in tortillas. We prefer tortilla bowls, so I bake four of them in the molds while the chicken finishes cooking. My mom bought me a set of 4 tortilla bowl makers for my birthday a couple of years ago and we use them quite a bit! I bake four to start, then put in a second set while we are eating!
What You Need:
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup of salsa (we like Chi-Chi's mild, but you could easily spice it up!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
How to Make Crockpot Salsa Chicken:
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of your crockpot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Pour cream of chicken soup on top of the seasoning and chicken.
- Add salsa on top of the soup.
- Do not stir together, just layer!
- Cook on low for about 7-8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before you want to eat, open up the crockpot and shred the chicken with forks.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream, mix well, and cook an additional 15 minutes. This is just enough time to cook your tortilla bowls.