Presented by Prego®. All opinions are my own.
If you’re anything like me, your evenings are just a wee bit crazy. I just looked at my family’s schedule and realized that we have something going on almost every single day in the afternoons or evenings. There’s band, soccer, yoga, Scouts and more. Something has to give, but it’s not going to be dinner!
I’m already a fan of my slow cooker and one pot meals, so we’re always trying new ones to add to our repertoire. Rather than ordering takeout pizza, I created a one-pot meat lovers pizza pasta! It has all the delicious flavors of pizza and it’s ready in about a half an hour. Plus my 10-year-old son highly approves, so you know it’s good when it gets the tween boy vote.
We started with a base of all our favorite meat lovers pizza ideas, but you can easily add in other favorite pizza toppings. I wonder how a Hawaiian pizza pasta with pineapple would taste? Or a veggie supreme? I think the possibilities are endless.
Meat Lovers Pizza Pasta Pot
- 1 jar Prego Traditional Red Sauce
- 1 box (16 oz) of mini bowtie pasta
- 1 cup diced pepperoni 1/2 cup real bacon pieces
- 1 cup diced sausage (cooked)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups water
- In a large skillet, heat oil and saute the garlic.
- Add in the three meats plus the Italian seasoning then stir to heat.
- Pour the jar of sauce and water over the pasta and mix well.
- Stir in the pasta and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. We use this time to get everything else ready for dinner – tea, dishes, bread and more.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and return to the heat for another minute or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with additional mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.