One of my favorite things to do for the holidays is baking goodies, and even better is sharing them with friends That's why I'm loving the new #SpreadCheer project from Betty Crocker, since it fits both baking and sharing into the plan!
This week, the kids and I shopped for some of our favorite Betty Crocker cookie mixes while we were at Walmart so we could get a bit of a start on our holiday baking. We decided to start spreading cheer by taking a plate of cookies to church, another plate of cookies to my husband's team at work, and four smaller bags of cookies for a few people on his team that are traveling this week.
Since we had several people we wanted to gift, we opted to make sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and peanut butter blossoms. I also had some chocolate crinkle cookies I made Sunday morning that we wanted to add in.
Want some of our favorite cookie tips?
- We always use a melon baller to scoop the dough. It gives you equal sized cookies that spread nicely into circles.
- Cut out sugar cookies are adorable, but you can also roll balls in colored sprinkles for pretty cookies when you need to make a lot at once.
- Peanut butter blossoms are my favorite. Make PB cookies, flatten a bit before baking, then just as they are done, press a Hershey's Kiss into the middle of each and bake 30 more seconds.
- Buy cute cookies bags or simple plastic plates for packaging cookies! They look great and you don't have to worry about your real plates coming back home.
- Head over to Betty Crocker for some awesome printables to add to your #SpreadCheer basket.
Would you like to spread some cheer this holiday season? We'd love to help. First, head over here to print a coupon for Betty Crocker cookie mixes. Second, we're giving away $20 in Paypal cash so you can buy the ingredients to spread cheer to your family and friends. Just use the Rafflecopter below to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway