One of the things on my agenda this month is to get ahead on meal planning!
The kids have quite a few evening activities as the weather gets nicer, so the easiest way to ensure that we eat healthy dinners is to plan them in advance. We generally eat at home anyhow, but the "What sounds good tonight?" option will be hard to work with now that springs sports are happening. Faith and I sat down over the weekend to make up a list of meals for this week.
This week, we are eating:
- Spaghetti Carbonara - my recipe and a Ben favorite
- Roast Pork Loin with Potatoes and Veggies - marinade tbd
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas - a new recipe that we think sounds really good!
- Korean Beef - recommended by a friend and another kid favorite
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches - the husband sent me a link with a picture of one
- Beef Stew - quick comfort food
I usually plan 5-6 days, factoring in leftovers, pizza, or eat a sandwich nights.
I don't assign days to meals, I defrost items and we work from there.
What's on your menu? We're always looking for new ideas!