Originally published on my personal blog, November 2013:
Spaghetti carbonara is my newest go-to recipe for a quick and easy meal. It's yummy, it's got bacon, it's got cheese, and it can be on the table in less than a half hour.
And lest you think I'm lying about it, the recipe is only 4 ingredients plus the pasta of your choice. Don't believe me? Try it!
2.5 cups heavy cream
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 lb bacon (I buy precooked, I hate cooking bacon, so about 2 packs)
1 cup frozen peas
Pasta, your choice, but I'd recommend actual spaghetti
- Set your water on to boil the pasta, cook your spaghetti while doing the rest.
- Dice the bacon and sauté to warm it up, don't discard the drippings.
- Add the heavy cream to the bacon and bring to a boil.
- Set to simmer and add the parmesan cheese and frozen peas.
- Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve! You may need to toss it again right before dishing it out and again before anyone takes seconds.