This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #BigHero6Release #CollectiveBias
We have been so excited for the release of Big Hero 6 on DVD! We're generally excited about any new Disney movie, but we had been counting down the days to this one so we can have a family movie night. Finally, February 24th arrived and we headed to Walmart and purchased our movie, but with our crazy schedule, it took 4 more days till family movie night.
To celebrate, we made Baymax sugar cookies with my extra easy, super-favorite, 4-ingredient sugar cookie recipe!
Want to make some of your own? This is seriously the BEST sugar cookie dough ever. It baked well in Canada (it was my mom's recipe originally), it baked well in Texas where we used to live, and it still bakes well at 6500 feet in Colorado.
Extra Easy Baymax Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- Small round candy-coated chocolates, brown or black
- Chocolate cookie icing in a tube with a small tip
- Melt butter, cream butter and sugar together, add vanilla
- Gradually mix in flour and knead together to make a dough
- Chill dough for about an hour, you need the dough cool!
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut ovals for Baymax's head
- Press two round chocolate candies into the circle for the eyes
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly brown
- Let the cookies cool completely, we left ours for several hours
- Pipe a single line of chocolate icing to join Baymax's eyes together, cookie icing already in the tube works great for this!
Enjoy the cookies with a glass of milk or a cup of tea and a great family movie! Since Colorado has been extra cold this winter, my kids highly recommend a cup of hot cocoa with your Baymax cookies. You can even use a bit of the extra icing to make marshmallow Baymax faces.
Ben was excited to check out Walmart.com to see what kinds of Big Hero 6 toys and games are available. He was even more excited to find out that he would get to go shopping for a few items for himself! He finally narrowed it down to the Big Hero 6 Flying Baymax, the Big Hero 6: Essential Guide book, and the Big Hero 6 DS game. He's been playing with them ever since, and I have to admit the game has been a great purchase as we are in the middle of cookie session with Faith's scout troop.
Ben's top picks for his shopping spree, it was so hard to choose!
Big Hero 6 can be purchased at Walmart (or Walmart.com) starting February 24th. Your purchase of the Big Hero 6 Blu-Ray/DVD + Gift With Purchase Set includes a digital movie on Vudu while supplies last! Simply scan your receipt using the Savings Catcher in the Walmart app. Then look for a message on your phone or email. Now you can watch Big Hero 6 on any device! This is an awesome option for when you're on the go!
Have you seen Big Hero 6? What did your family think of it?