When it's time for football, what are your favorite snacks? Chocolate? Nuts? Something fruit-flavored? We all have our own favorites, so we had to stock up for the big game next weekend! We usually keep it simple with just pizza or sandwiches, but I wanted at least a few fun snacks this year. And what says football better than a football shaped snack with SNICKERS® in it?
With a bit of help from Faith, we came up with the cutest SNICKERS® Football Surprise Treats as a test run for game time. And, since my daughter prefers the fruit flavors, I also picked up some Skittles® and Starburst® since those are her two favorites. You have to reward your sous-chef after all and Walmart had a great selection of all of these candies.
SNICKERS® Football Surprise Treats:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package mini-marshmallows (10 ounce bag)
- 6 cups chocolate/cocoa crispy rice cereal
- 12 SNICKERS® Bites
- White decorator icing
- Melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add to chocolate crispy rice cereal, mix together until cereal is coated.
- Mold 1/2 cup of cereal mixture into a ball, then press thumb down to create a depression.
- Push SNICKERS bite into the hole, then remold cereal ball around it, hiding it in the center.
- Press ends of the cereal ball into points to make a football shape.
- Pipe one long line of white icing lengthwise, then criss-cross with 3-4 shorter lines of icing to make the seams of the football.
- Let cool, set, and enjoy during the big game!
For even more fun, from January 21-31, enter to win great prizes by purchasing one qualifying MARS Chocolate product and one qualifying Wrigley product at Walmart!
All you have to do is snap a photo of the receipt to show proof of purchase and text or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 winners will be drawn randomly at the end of the contest period (1 for each day of the contest), and will receive a $250 Walmart gift card! For more information on the contest, visit drvsusa.com/biggame.
I'd love to hear what you plan on making for the Big Game! We are always looking for more awesome ideas to try, leave me a comment letting me know your plans too.